Reports To: Senior
- GCSE Maths and/or business at Grade B or equivalent
- Ability to speak and communicate English effectively
- Ability to write clearly (in English)
- Excellent report and writing skills
- Numeracy and a strong aptitude for mathematics
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to follow, apply, interpret, and explain instructions and/or guidelines.
- Organised and good time management skills
- Ability to listen and follow procedures
- Able to work without supervision
- Strong IT Skills
- Able to divide time between study and work
- Evidence of teamwork skills preferred, although not essential
- Some relevant office/administration experience preferred although not essential
Accounts Assistant Role Purpose
To assist the accounts team in completing bookkeeping, accounts preparation, payroll and taxation services for Rosscot’s clients.
Our client base is diverse and you will undertake assignments across a multitude of predominantly locally based businesses, to include: legal and professional, construction, retail, property holding, investment, tourism and farming.
Main Tasks Of The Role
Your duties may include but not be limited to the following:
- Preparation of accounts from accounting ledgers.
- Bookkeeping of client ledgers utilising accounting software and/or spreadsheets.
- Delivery of client records with a focus on excellence in client service.
- Maintain clear calendars of your own accounts activities across all clients allocated to you.
- Deal with correspondence, collate information and liaise with clients to ensure that the accounts and tax computations are prepared in a timely and efficient manner.
- Preparation of clients ITIS, Social Security and GST returns.
- Review & report on issues as appropriate.
- Liaise with shareholders, directors and other external parties as required.
- Ensure that the organisational policies and procedures are complied with at all times.
- Ensure that you keep up to date with changes in technology and changing client needs.
- Assist the Accounts manager and other teams with any ad hoc requests as they arise.
- General administrative duties to include but not limited to:
- Client billing
- Attending to incoming and outgoing telephone calls
- Plan, prioritise, and organise tasks and activities, ensuring effective personal time management.
- Treat all colleagues with respect & communicate with all colleagues appropriately.
- Develop a good working relationship with the Rosscot team: both in Accounts and other departments.
- Identify improvements to internal processes and provide recommendations to the Accounts Manager/Director.
- Implementation of recommended internal changes with a positive attitude.
- Implement and support change approved by the Directors.
- Ensure the corporate brand is upheld at all times and represent the Company professionally at client meetings and events.
Participate in and oversee projects as required ensuring timely and successful outcomes.
- Participate in the Client take on process.
- Assist the Compliance officer in ensuring new business is taken on in accordance with internal processes.
Client Service Delivery
- Develop a good working relationship with clients and administrators.
- Ensure the consistent delivery of services.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures that improves client service delivery.
- Ensure the affairs of clients are kept regularly monitored.
The above duties will be dependent upon performance and workload restrictions. The duties described herein are intended to demonstrate the broad outline of work to be undertaken and may be subject to change.